Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Stress vs Diabetes

Well. I've recently found out what a heap load of coursework looks like on my blood sugars. It's.... interesting. Yes, that's the word I'll use. Squashed would work too. If my blood sugars were a lilo (I'm getting in the holiday mood!) and people were pieces of work, the more people standing on the lilo (whilst it is floating on the turquoise-y blue sea..... with the sun beaming down, reflecting off the pleasantly warm water....) the more it sinks! That was the effect of work on blood sugars. (I have to say, my analogy is making me long for a sandy beach!)

I do just seem to drop when I'm doing coursework or exam revision! My blood sugars are great when I'm doing normal not as important homework, but the important stuff sadly does not slip under diabetes' radar!

I was juggling with lower temp basal, however I've found that as soon as I hit the 4s, eating a couple of sweets does the trick. Not the healthiest of solutions, but hey ho! I'm not complaining!

As the workload increases over the next year, I will have to find a better option to keep my bloods stable, but for now I think my workload has decreased a little for the summer thankfully!!! (If I think this is a lot of work, I think I'll probably get a shock next year. Oh well. I'm sure I'll cope somehow haha!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment